Who should apply for membership
Memberships are open to all tour guides within Cape Town & Western Cape who are registered with the Department of Economic Affairs and Tourism.
Reasons/benefits when you join
- Representation: CTGA will represent all tourist guides at all relevant meetings and forums, with the tourist guide’s best interests at heart.
- Participation: CTGA executive team will make legal submissions on behalf of tourist guides.
- Monthly meetings: Our monthly members meetings are hosted at different locations throughout Cape Town and surrounds. This will give you an opportunity to view new and interesting venues and learn what they have to offer your guests.
- Monthly speakers: Our speakers cover a wide range of informative topics relevant to tourist guiding and tourism.
- Networking: You will have the opportunity to meet other members and gain insight into their guiding experiences and challenges.
- Educationals events/ site inspections: Our educational events allow you to view locations in the form of an informative tour. This offer guides the opportunity to add new experiences to their itineraries.